|Detail of newly revealed painted sign, Dec 2021.|
The workers said they were repairing the stucco when they found this older sign under it. The workers thought the older sign was incredibly cool and were carefully working to keep it intact.
Unfortunately, it will not be visible for long as the plans of the new owner are to cover it back up.
I did a little history digging and found that the building was constructed in 1938.
Below is an incomplete list of businesses that have occupied the space:
- Crystal Laundry (1930s-1940s)
- Good Laundry and Dry Cleaning (1940s-1960s)
- European Auto Parts Inc (1960s-1970s)
- Jensen Distributing Co (1970s)
- Betty’s Collectables (1975-1976)
- Earl Shiel (1980s)
- Pappy’s Pawn (1990s-2020s)